November 18, 2010

Many More Months of Emailing

So Parker and I continue to email back and forth throughout the fall of 2010.  We ask questions of each other and just get to know one another.  It's fairly casual.  We do find out fairly early though that we have very similar core values and beliefs.  Still, at this point, it seems like we are just acquaintances (at least to me, Parker may say something different about his intentions).  At one point, there is even a month and a half lapse in our communication.  The emailing really picks up again in December, as that is when Parker was going to pass through my Montana town.  It turns out that plans for having his brother and mom come visit fell through.  Parker planned on making just a quick pit stop for a day on his way back home to Minnesota on the 20th or 21st.  He wondered if I would by chance be home by then.  Why yes, I'm a teacher and that's exactly the week that my Christmas Break started :)  Finally, I thought, our paths might cross.   God had other plans though.  It wasn't our time...yet.

Parker's Canadian wind farm project ended up running late.  Instead of driving through Montana, he ended up having to fly home the day before Christmas and then return for another few days after the holidays.  It's also about this time that Parker mentions that he passed through Cut Bank this past summer in July and even stopped by my parent's house.  Where were we?  On our ten-day family vacation through the Grand Canyon and other national parks!  Parker ended up knocking on our door and meeting the house-sitter and our our now deceased C-A-T (sorry sister).  And the stories continue.  There were literally half a dozen times that Parker and I missed seeing each other in the course of the past few years.  The 7th missed chance was when I left Cut Bank for Colorado after the holidays on January 1st and Parker ends up driving through on the 3rd!  Seriously!

No comments: