February 27, 2011

A Parker Update After the First Visit

Dearest Mandy,
So, things with Parker are continuing to go well.  He actually came for a 4 day visit last weekend.  At first, it was a little awkward to see him in person.  I felt myself closing my eyes, just to hear his voice, because that is what I was used to on the phone!  We had an incredible time together.  It was the perfect mix of adventure, time with friends, and relaxing.  All in all, he's pretty incredible...have I said that before? :)  We have a lot in common, yet are also good compliments for each other.  My favorite moment was when we was sitting at the kitchen stool and I turned around to catch him watching me.  When I asked what he was doing, he replied, "Just watching you multi-task like crazy.  I'm trying to figure out your next move so that I can sweep in and intercept you with a hug."  He was great about making me "pause" and remember to be thankful for the little things.  I help him with organization and follow through on his good intentions.  The list could really go on and on.....yet, we are still trying to be rational about the situation, given that we are 981 miles apart and both have jobs and mortgage payments.  He helped me book my tickets for Minnesota for Spring Break, which I am really looking forward to.  I'll get to meet his brother and his dad while I'm there. 

So, thank you for your prayers, advise, and encouragement.  We are both attempting to keep our emotions in check and tread lightly.  At the same time, we are excited for where this could lead.  Parker is the first guy who is running at the same pace, and in the same direction, and is in a similar place that I'm in in life.  Pray that we would do the Lord's will, that we would be obedient to His desires, and not just our own.

I love you, Andrea

No comments: