Nothing brings joy to my soul better than quality time with someone special, which is why I was ecstatic when Morgan said that she was coming to visit during her break between Jan Term and the start of her spring semester! A whole five days together + wedding planning = pure bliss! Despite the minor hang up of her breaking her elbow the week before, (that's another story, but let's just say that even though ice skating was only $1.00, the whole experience turned out to be much more costly) we managed to live it up. Like my mom, my sister definitely has more shopping stamina than I do, even with a sling on! We accomplished 2 out of our 3 tasks--not bad. We successfully found bridesmaid dresses and my wedding jewelry! It was so much fun to do all these things with Morgan. She was even a trooper when I spent a birthday gift card and tried on close to 40 pairs of jeans before successfully finding one. When we Skyped Parker at dinner that night, thanked Morgan over and over again for enduring that much shopping. Yes, even when I'm married, I will still need sister and girl quality time.
Morgan and I also made lots of good meals together. She said that her stomach needed a break from dorm food, and I'm happy to report that she quite the atypical adventurous eater. We also made it on a walk and watched several Redbox movies together.
It was such a great time! I'm counting down the days until I get to see her again in Spokane this spring. I'll get to watch her play tennis and get my bridal gown fitted...yay!
1 comment:
I am counting down the days til you're in Spokane too! So glad you had quality sister time. And I am with you - shopping for hours is not my strongest point. Nice work accomplishing the dresses & the jewelry!!
Post a Comment