It's kind of weird to think that at this time last year Parker and I weren't officially dating. Well, we had been Skyping, talking, and emailing a lot, but he was just about to come to Colorado to see me...basically for the first time (unless we count shaking hands in church back in 2008). So much has happened in just 1 year...
So, since we've never been together for a Valentine's Day, I didn't really know what to expect. I also don't really like surprises. (Though, Parker is really great about gently easing me in with small ones.) That being said, you could say that I was really surprised when a bouquet of chocolate dipped strawberries from Edible Arrangements arrived for me at work on the 13th! They were delicious! I had them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the past few days. He's such a thoughtful guy and he knows me well! A little fruit (the healthy component) and then lots of chocolate...yum!
On Valentine's, I also woke up to this text: Good morning my love, my sweetheart, my Valentine. My heart is yours this and every day. May your heart be overflowing with joy...
We finished out the day with a date night Skype. Parker opened his gift from me, a Mixbook digital photo book entitled "I Love You, Let Me Count the Ways..." It was definitely a hit. Maybe I'll get him to tell you about it, buy adding his voice to our blog...hummmm.
Even if it is sort of a silly Hallmark holiday, it's a good reminder to let the people in our lives know we love them and that they matter to us. We hope you were able to celebrate in some way with your loved ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment